Over and above the achievements of our researchers, we are always on the outlook for technological and scientific breakthroughs and have a strategy of international collaborations to remain pioneers in our field.
Since its earliest days, bioMérieux has placed innovation at the heart of its activity. Its R&D programs target twin objectives:
- Strengthen the medical value of diagnostics by providing more rapid results, tools for detecting new pathogens, tests with a high clinical value, and biomarkers for personalized treatments based on the profile of each patient.
- Help reduce healthcare costs: by increasing the efficiency and productivity of laboratories and healthcare organizations, and by contributing to the overall reduction of the cost of treatment and hospitalization.
- About 12% of revenue invested in R&D each year
- Over 1,400 people working at 20 R&D sites around the world
- Numerous collaborative agreements in 12 countries where worldwide scientific and medical innovation are focused