- Austria (Website)
- Czech Republic (Website)
- Denmark (Website)
- Finland (Website)
- France (Website)
- Germany (Website)
- Italy (Website)
- Ivory Coast
Establishment of BD Mérieux
Launch by BD Mérieux of a fibrometer
The first toxoplasmosis detection kit and launch of miniaturized API® 20E strip
Production and sale of the first ready-to-use culture media in Petri plates.
Alain Mérieux takes control of BD Mérieux, which becomes bioMérieux.
Launch of the Slidex® Meningitis kit.
First HIV screening test: VIRONOSTIKA® HIV anti-HTLV-III by Organon Teknika*
Acquisition of Api Systems (La Balme, France).
Acquisition of Vitek Systems (United States)
Development of chromogenic media
Acquisition of the BOOM extraction and NASBA amplification technologies for molecular diagnostics.
Launch of the VIDAS® with 8 initial kits
VIDAS® automated immunoassay platform adapted for industrial applications.
VIDAS® D-Dimer Exclusion™
Launches of BacT/ALERT® 3D and VITEK® 21997
Launches of BacT/ALERT® 3D and VITEK® 2
- BacT/ALERT® 3D an advanced automated system for microbial detection in blood and sterile body fluid samples from Organon Teknika*
- VITEK® 2 an automated identification and antibiotic susceptibility testing system for bacteria and fungi
Acquisition of OrganonTeknika (Akzo Nobel, Netherlands).
NucliSENS EasyQ® and NucliSENS EasyQ® HIV-1
bioMérieux is listed on the stock exchange.
Launches of TEMPO® and VITEK® 2 Compact
Acquisition of Bacterial Barcodes (USA)
Acquisition of Biomedics (Spain) and of BTF (Australia)
Joint ventures and Acquisitions2008
Joint ventures and Acquisitions
- Acquisition of AB BIODISK (Sweden), a company internationally recognized for its antimicrobial resistance testing range and particular expertise in susceptibility testing of fastidious and unusual organisms.
- Acquisition of AviaraDx (USA), now bioTheranostics, a specialist in the molecular diagnosis of tumorous tissues.
- Acquisition of PML Microbiologicals (USA), a company devoted to the development and production of culture media.
- Joint venture with Sysmex, the Japanese market leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics.
- Joint venture with Shanghai Kehua Bio-engineering (China) for the production of microplate immunoassays.
Launches of PREVI® Isola and PREVI® Color Gram
Acquisition of Meikang Biotech and of Shanghai Zenka Biotechnology.
Launch of Myla® middleware2010
Launch of Myla® middleware
- Myla® middleware is a software solution for the optimization of laboratory workflow and clinical information management. It is a complement to FMLA® (Full Microbiology Lab Automation).
- BacT/ALERT® 3D Dual-T, a microbial detection system used for sterility testing in the biopharmaceutical industry.
Acquisition of AES Laboratoire (France).
Acquisition of ARGENE (France)
Launch of VITEK® MS2011
Launch of VITEK® MS
- Launch of VITEK® MS (used in association with the VITEK® 2 system) an automated mass spectrometry microbial identification system for clinical and industrial applications.
- First bioNexia® rapid tests commercialized by bioMérieux.
- Inauguration of the laboratory of the future at Marcy l’Étoile, France (over 1,000 visits from biologists and scientists in a year). Development of a similar unit in Saint Louis, Missouri (USA). The laboratories enable discussions to align bioMérieux’s future products and services with customer needs.
Acquisition of RAS (India) and partnership with Quanterix
FDA approval of novel molecular test THxID™-BRAF
Acquisition of BioFire Diagnostics Inc.
FDA clearance for the FilmArray® Gastrointestinal (GI) Panel2014
FDA clearance for the FilmArray® Gastrointestinal (GI) Panel
The 22-target FilmArray® GI Panel1 allows a syndromic approach2 to the diagnosis of infectious diarrhea as it includes bacteria, viruses and parasites in one test.
A test panel is a predetermined group of medical tests used as an aid in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases.
The syndromic approach is based on analyzing a syndrome (i.e. a set of symptoms) and, with a single reagent, identifying the disease-causing organisms responsible for this syndrome, whether they are viruses, bacteria or parasites.
Launch of CE-marked VIRTUO™