- The BIOMÉRIEUX GOES GREEN environmental action plan was introduced in 2008. It focuses on five key areas:
- Within 5 years, this program has enabled bioMérieux to:
- reduce its paper consumption by nearly 36% in France and by more than 19% in the United States,
- cut its energy consumption by 14%*.
- BIOMÉRIEUX GOES GREEN is supported internally by a global network of 40 "green champions"** working at the Company's sites and subsidiaries.
- bioMérieux is formalizing this environmental approach in its operations through the implementation of an environmental management system in accordance with ISO 14001. In 2013, ISO 14001 certification was confirmed for bioMérieux Brazil and bioMérieux UK, while the Craponne production site in France successfully underwent the certification process.
** environmental champions