Under the auspices of the United Nations, the Global Compact brings together the corporate world and civil society. Members commit to adopt a socially responsible attitude with the goal of building more stable, inclusive and sustainable companies. Participation is voluntary, and members pledge to respect a charter of 10 principles by implementing specific initiatives each year in support of commitments in the areas of human rights, international labor standards, the environment and the fight against corruption.
bioMérieux asserts its commitment by implementing initiatives that support the principles of the Global Compact:
- Human rights
- Initiatives to ensure access to quality diagnostics for the most disadvantaged patients.
- Labor conditions
- Initiatives to eliminate discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Initiatives to apply a precautionary approach to address environmental challenges.
- Initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility.
- Initiatives to take action against corruption.
Click here to see bioMérieux’s 2016 Communication on Progress.